Robert Half Accountemps Staff Accountant in ARLINGTON, Virginia
Accountemps is looking for a Staff Accountant for a long term temporary role In Arlington, VA. The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. You will be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You will assist in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will participate in SOX compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the 10Q and 10K reporting processes. This position is very involved as it will produce Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. Based in the Arlington, Virginia region, this company offers an engaging and mulit-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded. Your responsibilities - Support capital lease and monthly payment schedules - Be a part of various department-wide initiatives - Maintain intricate journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll - Perform month end close, journal entries with minimum supervision - Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed - Help with the implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls under SOX and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP - Keep up fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation - Report on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a useful and understandable manner - Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation - Be responsible for analysis of income statements and balance sheets and communicate findings to management
- NetSuite, SAP, Blackline, and ADP skills desired
- At least 2 years of Accounting experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Certified Public Accounting license or exams in progress
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
- Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- Be detailed, flexible, and organized
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, tendency to quickly connect dots and surmise logical outcomes
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- Strong familiarity with accounts receivable
- Solid understanding of account reconciliation
- General ledger experience preferred
- Accounts payable experience required
- Experience with month end closings
- General proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel preferred
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2017 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans