Turner Broadcasting Staff Accountant II in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Staff Accountant II
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Finance/Accounting
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
As trusted business advisors, the Accounting Business Services organization operates as a functionally aligned shared services center responsible for the end-to-end transactional financial operations across Turner's domestic businesses. The organization is comprised of five teams: Operations Services, Personnel Services, Revenue Services, International Operations, and Procure to Pay. Accounting Business Services further supports the Finance & Accounting mission to be collaborative business partners to our colleagues for the benefit of our stakeholders.
Specific group overview: Technology Operations Expenses The Tech Ops accounting team is included in Operations Services and provides accounting support to the groups that encompass the 24-hour technical and operational support for the company's many entertainment networks, its full-service broadcast and broadband, live and post production division, domestic IT infrastructure groups, as well as CNN's worldwide broadcast engineering and systems technology group. Tech Ops also manages the accounting for our satellite contribution and distribution expenses and provides accounting support to Turner's digital and development group. The primary segments supported by Tech Ops include Entertainment and Animation, News, Sports digital properties, and Corporate sponsored development initiatives.
What will you be doing?
- Prepare entries and supporting documentation
- Prepare/review account reconciliations, analysis, and certifications
- Completed detailed variance anaylses
- Analyze existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures
- Build, foster, and maintain good working relationships with members of the Accounting Business Services and stakeholders
What do we require from you?
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years in relevant accounting experience (industry or public)
- Masters degree and/or CPA is preferred
Well-qualified Staff II accountant candidates:
- Intermediate analytical and Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills to articulate key information
- Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation
- Detail-oriented and high energy
- Unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo
Other desired experience:
- PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion, or any ERP systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & PowerPoint
- Experience in forecasting/budgeting
- Internal/external audit or SOX compliance
- Media industryexperience preferred
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.