Robert Half Accountemps Sr. Accountant in El Segundo, California
A business technology firm in El Segundo is looking for a Senior Accountant. As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. This position offers you great long-term potential and a strong compensation and benefits package. We are looking for someone who has excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fastpaced environment to support the firm's continued success. Responsibilities - Participate in various department-wide initiatives - Arrange quarterly reviews and SOX testing with internal and external auditors - Complete other projects as required - Assemble monthly consolidated P L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting - Build analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks) - Function with business partners to ensure compliance with procedures and controls, corporate accounting policies, and provide support on special requests - Dedication to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process - Manage monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, reports) in compliance with GAAP - Formulate Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- SOX internal control assessments (Section 404) experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Possess strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Prior work done in public accounting is desired
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are highly desired
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems and financial reporting tools
- Highly capable of analyzing financial data and quickly creating accurate reports
- Demonstrated skills in interacting effectively, both verbally and in writing, with functional managers
- Corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Month end closings experience desired
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2017 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans