Wolters Kluwer Account Management, relationship-based, handsome compensation package! in Madison, Wisconsin
Account Management, relationship-based, handsome compensation package!
Requisition Number: 17-17084
Shift: Not Applicable
Job Description: Are you an experienced account manager looking for a nice career path OR a driven and motivated recent college grad looking to break into sales? This is absolutely unlike most inside sales opportunities! You would have your own assigned accounts to manage. This is a relationship based, retention-oriented, territory account management position that would set you up for a terrific sales career within our global organization. We offer a very handsome compensation package!
Wolters Kluwer’s Governance, Risk & Compliance division is looking for an Inside Account Representative to join our LIS team in Madison.
Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) is a division of Wolters Kluwer that provides a broad spectrum of solutions, services and expertise to legal, finance, risk and compliance professionals and small business owners to help manage myriad governance, risk and compliance challenges in dynamic markets and regulatory environments, globally. GRC Solutions serves more than 350,000 customers in more than 150 countries, including 70% of Fortune 500 companies, 92% of the world’s top banks, 90% of the Am Law 100 and more than 300,000 small businesses. The division has a global footprint, with workforce in 28 countries. Our clients include corporate legal departments, insurers, small businesses, financial services companies, brand professionals, underwriters, governments and compliance and risk professionals.
Legal Information Services (LIS) contains our expert information services businesses that serve large corporations, small businesses and law firms. This group specializes in incorporation and legal business compliance solutions and clearance and protection solutions for trademark and brand professionals. This business area brings its solutions to market as CT, which serves corporations, small businesses, and Law Firms, as well as Corsearch.
As an Inside Account Representative for Wolters Kluwer Corporate Legal Services, you will primarily be responsible for retaining assigned corporate accounts and driving profitable sales growth in said accounts that meets or exceeds sales and retention goals. Customers are small market entities with low to mid volume transactions within an assigned territory. Time will be spent pursuing change of agent (COA) for new customers, selling and expanding corporate on demand services, and ensuring representation retention. Inside Account Representative activities include learning and staying informed on the complex and comprehensive GRC suite service line; learning and following a comprehensive sales process; updating and managing sales pipeline information for an assigned list of accounts; driving and growing business; managing time and resources effectively; representing Wolters Kluwer within the industry and territory; and contributing to sales planning and forecasting activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Learns full line of GRC services including features, benefits, pricing, intended use, value proposition and competitive position in order to effectively serve clients by attending and engaging fully in training program for new hires; completing all self-study reading, exercises, and activities in the prescribed timeline; engaging in one-on-one training with Sales Manager or other training resources; accepting critical feedback and implementing suggestions; studying information provided by product management and marketing on an on-going basis in timely manner until mastered; working with actual service applications to establish and maintain competence in demonstrating and using them; researching and learning how the services fit into customers' processes and contribute to their business performance; and reviewing competitor information to be able to compare and contrast them with GRC services.
• Learns and executes the sales process for GRC products and services by staying fully informed of the prescribed sales process; understanding the complexities of selling products and services into corporate legal departments (e.g., interacting with individuals at all levels of the organization from c-level to general managers, consultative sales relationships, understanding the nuances in GRC's suite of web based services and software and competitors); working across business units, both internally and externally, to negotiate a consensus; collaborating with Sales Manager, product manager, Pricing Manager and top performers to continuously improve; accepting critical feedback and implementing suggestions; and establishing credibility to properly serve a sophisticated business customer.
• Manages assigned account list that supports a healthy sales pipeline by reviewing target list provided (account sizes are set according to territory demographics); organizing customers by segment and opportunity (e.g., size, type of corporation); researching contact information for decision-makers and influencers; building daily and weekly calling lists; and maintaining information within the Salesforce.com CRM database in accordance with timing and content standards.
• Maintains and grows existing customer business to meet weekly, monthly and annual sales goals by contacting existing clients in sufficient volume and with appropriate regularity to stay informed of their business needs and the value provided by existing CT solutions; ensuring the client retains WK as registered agent; identifying new business units/practice areas within the client organization for which CT can provide products and services; seeking introductions to other customer staff; expanding usage or selling modified or upgraded solutions to meet current or future client needs; working with Service Teams to set strategies to secure client base and identify new business opportunities; supporting Marketing promotions, campaigns, including tracking, reporting and converting; and updating Salesforce.com CRM database in accordance with timing and content standards.
• Contributes to new product development and software issue resolution that meets customer needs by identifying gaps/issues where current products and services do not meet client requirements; working with product managers to translate unmet client requirements into business and functional specifications; managing client expectations on the timing, delivery and scope of service enhancements; ensuring efforts by CT are completed on time and in scope based on specifications; and engaging corporate resources (e.g. Service Teams, Product Development) to ensure client issues and concerns are resolved.
• Improves CT market share within the territory by identifying departments/business lines in target accounts using competitive services; engaging the client account at the management and executive level to identify business issues; conducting analyses and applying business knowledge to provide recommendations and assist in issue resolution with new services or expansion of current services; managing the transition to CT services to meet expectations and form the foundation for a long-term customer relationship; and staying connected through meeting call standards with existing clients to ensure competitors are unlikely to move customers to their services.
• Manages time and resources effectively to accomplish sales goals by planning for and scheduling all required sales activity; grouping activities logically; conducting non-selling activities (updating Salesforce.com, e-mail) outside prime selling time; staying organized and ensuring infrastructure elements of the sales process are operating properly at all times; incorporating knowledge of industry trends/cycles on results; considering and incorporating customer constraints that can slow sales cycles into planning; and tracking activities and resource utilization in accordance with standards.
• Facilitates implementation and management of GRC products and representation services into client corporations by developing and maintaining extensive knowledge of how GRC product implementation and client services are initiated and delivered; responding to customer inquiries; assisting in training; engaging members from WK teams (e.g., team leader, service team members, director, application trainer) as appropriate to meet customers' needs; and monitoring implementation progress to ensure project is completed on time.
• Represents Wolters Kluwer by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of Wolters Kluwer services, industry trends and general business and financial acumen through various sources and initiative; communicating Wolters Kluwer competitive advantage to customers in a compelling articulate manner in speech, writing and formal presentation; behaving in ways that demonstrate corporate core values and culture; developing professional and positive relationships with customers and colleagues; and maintaining a reputation of competence, integrity and professionalism.
Qualifications: - Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing or related field or at least 5 years of account/relationship or service team experience, including:
- Working independently with a minimum amount of oversight.
- Responding to customer inquiries and improving/maintaining the relationship.
- Analyzing data and identifying ways to improve processes.
- Integrating information from multiple sources.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Non-Compete: Must be able to sell into all clients within the territory without restrictions or challenges from enforceable non-compete agreements held by the employee and prior employers within 30 days of employment.
• Inside business-to-business sales.
• High call volume activity.
• Working with CRM as primary account management tool.
• Working within a multi-division organization with various sales channels.
• Registered Agent, Corporate Compliance, and Business Licensing services.
• Selling complex professional services.
ABOUT WOLTERS KLUWER
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2016 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY).
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is also available at 888 (495) 4771.