Google Accountant, Payments in Mountain View, California
This role may also be located in our Sunnyvale, CA campus.
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you'll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports -- and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Google's business objectives.
As an Accountant for Payments, you will demonstrate technical skills, an understanding of complex systems and establishing controls, and a proven ability to work in cross-functional teams. You will partner with cross-functional stakeholders to support and directly contribute to the Payment area’s growth.
You will provide financial leadership and responsibility for all Payment-related accounting areas. You are enthusiastic with an ability to design new, and to enhance existing, processes. You will collaborate with Sales, Product, Engineering, Legal, Internal Audit, External Reporting, Technical Accounting and other Finance teams to manage financial risk, and develop and maintain scalable accounting processes to support new partnership arrangements and new products.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Design and maintain effective internal control environment to ensure accuracy of financial accounts.
- Deliver accurate and timely financial statements for our regulated payments entities and Consumer Payments products.
- Identify potential areas of risk and document risk mitigation plans.
- Review and approve monthly journal entries and corresponding reconciliations.
- Prepare for, and assist with internal, SOX and external audits. Document processes, ensure performance of key controls, and obtain/provide support as necessary.
- CPA or CA qualification.
- 6 years of experience at an accounting firm/public company.
- Experience in implementing process improvements and internal changes.
- Experience working with databases. Experience with SQL coding across standard commercial databases.
- Ability to develop appropriate levels of controls.
- Ability to understand complex systems.
- Ability to influence and interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, with effective project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical, communication and leadership skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.