The Hartford Claims Account Executive - Northeast Territory in New Hampshire
Title: Claims Account Executive - Northeast Territory
Location: United States-Connecticut
Other Locations: United States-New Hampshire, United States-Vermont, United States-Maine, United States-Rhode Island
Job Number: 1701946
The Claims Account Executive is responsible for supporting profitable growth and retention of guaranteed cost accounts. The CAE will understand an account's needs while developing and delivering a claim service offering that differentiates The Hartford in the marketplace. The role is an integral member of the Middle Market and Guaranteed Cost Construction sales teams, including presenting The Hartford’s claim value proposition in new business presentations and negotiation/coordination of claim services. The role supports the field claims mission through engagement and focus on ensuring clear accountabilities and ownership of results.
• Negotiate and coordinate claim account services between the claim organization, the account and the agent/broker.
• Execute loss cost containment initiatives through detailed analysis of claim results.
• Act as Claims Sales & Service single point of contact for agents/ brokers and accounts.
• Resolve claim issues promptly via engagement with various internal service providers.
• Engage regularly with assigned field claim offices
• Provide training to local agents and business partners on new claim products and services.
• Sales and Service support of the Northeast regional underwriting office.
• Understand Workers Compensation laws and apply that knowledge in management of commercial accounts. Knowledge of Auto, General Liability, & Property claims handling a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Professional insurance designation, such as CPCU, AIC or SCLA, helpful.
• Minimum of 10 years of Property and Casualty claim experience.
• Multi-line experience is a plus.
• Strong claims experience with a focus on sales and customer service.
• Able to perform effectively in a team environment.
• Strong conflict management skills in ambiguous situations.
• Solid leadership acumen with prior leadership experience preferred.
• Self-directed with the ability to work independently.
• Effective at building and maintaining relationships with agents/brokers and senior level executives.
THE HARTFORD EMPLOYEE BEHAVIORS
Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position will work remotely from one’s home residence within the assigned territory. Generally, the assigned customers and prospective accounts have headquarters throughout the multi-state territory of CT, ME, NH, RI, VT . 40 percent travel throughout the assigned territory overall is anticipated. A company car, cell phone and wireless laptop are provided, along with other technology in support of a remote work environment. We offer flexible work arrangements and enjoy a business casual work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Account Service Ops