State of Arizona ACCOUNTANT 3 in PHOENIX, Arizona
ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (ADOT)
Driving the future of transportation with a diverse and innovative team
The Arizona Department of Transportation is transforming how government works for the people of Arizona. Can you operate with a commitment to meeting the needs of customers? If so, ADOT may be the place for you. The Arizona Management System utilizes Continuous Improvement strategies, putting the customer first and eliminating waste through teamwork, communication, and mutual trust and respect. ADOT is driving this cultural change and building an agency of engaged, problem-solving team members. If you can meet this challenge, consider joining the ADOT team. To learn more about ADOTCLICK HERE_ _
OPEN ONLY TO CURRENT STATE OF ARIZONA SYSTEM "A" EMPLOYEES
* Accountant 3*
206 S. 17th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85007* *
The Financial Management Services Division (FMS) of ADOT is responsible for managing the $4.6 billion financial foundation on which Arizona’s highways and bridges are built and administered. FMS is made up of a great team of 115 bright individuals who share a drive to become even better. Our culture is founded on a shared passion for collaboration, continuous improvement, and public service. We value excellence in everything we do and promote critical thinking that results in innovation and process improvement.
* JOB SUMMARY*
Final Voucher is looking for a highly motivated and detail oriented individual to join our team as an Accountant III. This is a lead position in assisting the Supervisor in providing the objective of the team, setting good example, and motivating the team. This position also required critical thinking in resolving questions and problems presented by internal and external customers, recognize public and constituent issues, and identifying actions to address such issues, including involvement of other appropriate ADOT groups and functions. This position will accomplish this by applying extensive accounting experience, and by collaborating with various stakeholders, such as other ADOT units, State agencies and Federal Highway agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Duties include but are not limited to):
- This position is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, reconciling, make necessary adjustments and closing the agency's financial billing records by project in order to prepare final voucher to release unspent obligations of federal or state funds. Ensure that federal and state requirements relative to project and construction funding are met with ADOT’s current financial systems. Research and resolve discrepancies on financial and technical issues.
- Take the lead in the development of desk procedures and assist with the development of policies and procedures for the Final Voucher area. Assist in the streamlining processes or procedures related to the project lifecycle when applicable.
- Lead for the Final Voucher team in assisting the Final Voucher Supervisor in training the staff, providing solutions and making recommendations for improvement on issues that have occurred.
- Facilitate smooth interactions and identify actions to address issues, resolving questions and problems while involving appropriate ADOT groups and functions.
- This position will pre-audit project phases to be ready for Final Voucher when project is closed, additionally, serves as the technical advisors in regards to projects related to AFIS.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferably Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting from an accredited college or university;
OR a Bachelor's degree in a related field with a minimum of 24 semester hours of accounting courses.
Ideal candidate will also have three years of previous work experience in auditing or governmental accounting.
* BENEFITS*_ _
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
Top-ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
Accrued vacation pay and sick days
10 paid holidays per year
Deferred compensation plan
Please visithttp://www.azdot.gov/Inside_ADOT/HR/Employment.aspto learn more about benefits given to ADOT employees.
This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Class D Driver License. Candidates for this position must complete page 7 and sign the Driver Form on page 8 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment at the time of interview, which will allow ADOT to obtain the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The most recent 39-month period shown on the MVR will be reviewed in accordance with A.A.C. R2-10-207.12 (H) and (I). The review must show an acceptable driving record prior to any offer of employment being made by ADOT. Employment is contingent upon an acceptable MVR.
All newly hired employees will be subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
ADOT supports a diverse multi-cultural workforce that reflects the community, promotes equal opportunity at all levels of the Agency, and creates an inclusive work environment that enables all individuals to perform to their fullest potential free from discrimination.
To submit your resume click the "APPLY NOW" button below
Having trouble applying for this position?
Email[email protected] or call (602) 542-4700 for assistance.
Post Date: 09/15/2017
Close Date: 09/22/2017
Category: ACCOUNTING / AUDITING