United States Steel Account Representative I in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
8253BRMid-Level:Industrial & Svc Center Solutions Work Location:CORPORATE HEADQUARTERSJob Description:The Account Representative is exposed to various aspects of U.S. Steel’s overall business and will manage a specific group of customer accounts to achieve major business objectives. The interaction with the customer and multiple functional groups within the Corporation will provide a well-rounded basic knowledge of the order-to-cash process from beginning to end.
• Enters orders through the Oracle EBS order entry system while ensuring order specifications, sizes, pricing, and any other production or shipment information is compared to and validated against the customer purchase orders.
• Communicates regularly with customers, producing facilities, technical personnel, and Marketing on various issues including order entry, production, pricing, etc.
• Follows the production of orders to ensure on-time delivery to the customer.
• Manages inventories and shipments to meet customer supply requirements.
• Collaborates with the Account Manager to maintain favorable customer relationships and obtain specific market information for business forecasting.
• Participates in the Customer Service Project Carnegie to deliver initiatives with a focus on efficiency improvements.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, supply chain management, or a closely-related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
• At least five years of related experience in customer service or closely-related function
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Excellent planning and organization skills • Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Ability to adapt to and master web-based support applications
• Related experience in the steel, metals or closely-related industry preferred
• Identify and enhance customer value drivers
• Champions the Carnegie Way Method
• Demonstrates effective project management skills
• Identifies and develops project opportunities across multiple supply chain disciplinesAuto req ID:8253BRCompany:United States Steel CorporationCountry:United StatesRequisition Type:US-ExemptPosting Title:Account RepresentativeState/Province:US - PAWork Location - City:Pittsburgh Company Overview:Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.Competency Summary:As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.Equal Employment Opportunity:U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.