State of Minnesota Accounting Officer Intermediate in St. Paul, Minnesota
MNsure is seeking to fill an Accounting Officer Intermediate position. As a division fiscal officer, this position will maintain and control assigned Statewide Integrated Financial Tools (SWIFT) fiscal modules for accounts payable, billing and accounts receivable, grants management, and e-settlements. The position will maintain and control fiscal processes, generate and analyze fiscal data, reconcile accounts, and provide technical assistance as needed. This position will also maintain and control assigned MNsure internal systems and will establish and maintain reporting in compliance with federal, state, and department and division requirements.
- Maintain and control fiscal components of the Statewide Integrated Financial Tools (SWIFT) accounting system managed by the Financial Operations Division utilizing the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Billing, Grants Management or e-settlements modules as assigned.
- Maintain and control fiscal processes, generate and analyze fiscal data, reconcile accounts, produce written materials, provide technical assistance, represent Financial Operations in meetings, respond to audit requests, and provide periodic business process evaluations.
- Maintain and control subsidiary fiscal systems used by the accounting department for fiscal administration, accounting, and reporting.
- Develop and produce fiscal reports required by federal and state officials, The Department of Management and Budget (MMB), the Office of the Legislative Auditor (OLA), Department of Revenue, Department of Commerce, MNsure and the accounting department. Establish and maintain procedures and systems to gather and classify data according to requirements and maintain written documentation on procedures.
- Provide assistance to supervisors, managers, and other staff members as assigned.
One year professional-level accounting experience;
OR Business Administration/Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or a closely related field AND two years of advanced technical/advanced paraprofessional accounting experience
- Two years professional-level accounting experience
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with an Accounting concentration
- Experience with financial tools available in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with SWIFT and GASB
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that you clearly describe your experience in the areas listed above.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
EDUCATION VERIFICATION - Applicants will be required to provide a copy of their high school diploma at time of interview OR copies of their college transcript or college degree/diploma at time of interview. Copies of the college degree/diploma are acceptable ONLY if it clearly identifies the field in which it was earned.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Gerald Wood email@example.com
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate to Ayo Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact Jessica Kennedy atjessica,email@example.com for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Job Title: Accounting Officer Intermediate
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 14991
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 07/17/2017
Closing Date: 07/24/2017
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: MNsure
Hiring Agency: MNsure
Division/Unit: Finance & Managment Accounting
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours: 08:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $19.97 - $29.00 /hourly; $41,697 - 60,552/annually
Job Class Option: None
Classified Status: Classified
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
Job Class: Accounting Officer, Intermediate