Sherwin-Williams Area Accounting/Financial Manager in States, United States
Title: Area Accounting/Financial Manager
Location: United States-Ohio-Grove City
Job Number: 17000AJT
This position is accountable for developing, implementing and managing the financial controls, practices and procedures that are consistent with Division and Corporate policy which provide management with timely information.
• Establish accounting procedures to ensure accuracy and timeliness of all accounting/financial activity.
• Meet reporting requirements as required by Division/Corporate management.
• Plan, organize and control accounting projects/events (e.g., annual physical inventory).
• Provide monthly financial analysis and accounting support.
• Complete close and transfers.
• Manage, train and develop accounting staff, if applicable.
• Completion of other related tasks and duties as directed or needed.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have the legal right to work in the country of employment without sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
• Must have a four year degree from an accredited institution
• Must have at least three years of Accounting experience
• Previous experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• A degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
• MBA, CPA or other certification is preferred
• Knowledge of Six Sigma and/or statistical techniques is preferred
• Previous internal audit experience is preferred
• Previous experience in a financial role in a manufacturing or distribution environment is preferred
• Previous supervisory/managerial experience is preferred
• Previous experience with the budgeting process is preferred
Who we are
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting appropriate employment service delivery systems, such as state workforce agencies and local employment delivery systems, to provide priority referrals of protected veterans.