Mondelez International Financial Controller Sweden, Finland, Norway in UPPLANDS VAESBY, Sweden
What makes working at Mondelez International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Marabou, Daim, Aladdin, V6, Stimorol and O'boy and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
We are looking to incorporate a Finance Controller for Sweden, Finland and Norway that will have end to end responsibility for statutory reporting process, pension reporting and transfer pricing compliance. This person will also have the overall responsibility for periodic group reporting, maintenance of the balance sheet and ensuring that an adequate level of internal control is maintained within all the 3 countries in scope.
The role is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and will manage a team of 2. The Financial Controller will be considered the main lead across Sweden, Finland and Norway and, as such, will hold a senior position within the organization, reporting directly to the Director of Accounting.
This is a comprehensive role, and as such there are many responsibilities including:
• Review and approve periodic group reporting (US GAAP) prepared by the shared service center
• Monitor activities reported outside operating income
• Review supporting documentation for restructuring provisions
• End to end responsibility for statutory process ensuring execution in line with a detailed compliance calendar
• Review all GAAP to GAAP and postclose adjustments
• Approve final statutory reports
• Review compliance with the transfer pricing model of all legal entities in scope
• Review templates and/or memos on valuation allowances and lead discussions with shared service provider
• Lead discussions with shared service provider on (hard-)close and true up process
• Sign-off periodic reporting identifying changes in business and significant events impacting tax accounting and lead discussion with shared service provider
• Responsible for ensuring the International Tax Questionnaires for US purposes are prepared in time
• Approve the International Tax Questionnaires for all legal entities in scope.
• Review the US GAAP and Local GAAP pension reconciliations
Balance sheet maintenance
• Certify prepared balance sheet reconciliation
• Responsible for timely follow-up and resolution of aged items and items requiring investigation in the balance sheet
• Monitor commercial CAPEX activities ensuring timely capitalization, depreciation in accordance with group policies / local GAAP and performance impairment reviews.
• Responsible for statutory audits - Key contact, timely preparation of audit material and follow-up and resolution of issues resulting from the audit
Internal Control and compliance
• Responsible for SoX controls in the area of financial reporting and pensions
• Business partner with Internal Controls team to support local business in maintaining an adequate level of internal control
• Business partner for internal (VAT, Fixed Assets, Intercompany, Accounts Payable, US GAAP reporting and Overheads) and external service providers (preparation statutory accounts, tax accounting and direct tax returns)
• Review KPI's in the area of Accounts Payable and drive improvements and / or local follow-up to meet defined targets
• Business partner with other departments such as Sales, Marketing and Customer Service & Logistics on ad hoc finance topics.
Approvals for specific intercompany and third part invoices as well as purchase orders.
• Educated to Degree Level (or equivalent)
• Qualified accountant
• Familiar with compliance and accounting (US and Local GAAP)
• Motivated, pro-active and excellent communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work as a team player in a cross functional / international environment
• Analytical and Accurate
• Clear priority setting and autonomous
• Ability to develop direct reports and others
• Experienced in SAP and Excel
• Previous financial controlling / accounting experience
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Experienced with Shared Service Centres
• Knowledge in Swedish and Norwegian
Title: Financial Controller Sweden, Finland, Norway
Location: EU-SE-Stockholm-Upplands Vaesby
Requisition ID: 1707107