RELX Group Deputy Key Account Director, EMEA - ICIS in United Kingdom
Deputy Key Account Director, EMEA - ICIS
Location: United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Director Key Accounts, EMEA. This is an important player/coach role within a team that is core to the future growth of the ICIS business.
Key responsibilities include:
• Support the Director, Key Accounts in overall key accounts strategy, with an emphasis on the EMEA region
• Day-to-day management of 3 Key Account Managers, including:
o Supporting on specific account opportunities
o Coaching, mentoring and sharing of best practice
o Supporting of roll-out of new pricing and licensing structure
• Taking the leadership for a creative approach to managing overall EMEA portfolio
• Direct management of a handful of key accounts
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Key Account Manager who is looking for the next step in their career, the role has a great deal of autonomy and involves planning and executing effective strategies that will enable the business growth expected by the Business. The ability to work on their own initiative is therefore crucial, as is the need for sound judgment. However, full collaborative support will be given by the Key Account Director.
Key requirements include:
• Ability to think both analytically and creatively to identify new opportunities and overcome challenges, including tactical and strategic planning to maximise team revenues
• Confident and comfortable in a face-to-face environment with decision-makers at all levels (including C-Level). Demonstrated ability in communicating, presenting and influencing/negotiating credibly and effectively at all these levels
• Experience of connecting with and leading projects across business functions to drive account value and deliver client-focused solutions based on customer needs
• Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
• Previous experience of leadership would also be an advantage
ICIS is the world's largest petrochemical market information provider and has fast-growing energy and fertilizer divisions. Our aim is to give companies in global commodities markets a competitive advantage by delivering trusted pricing data, high-value news, analysis and independent consulting, enabling our customers to make better-informed trading and planning decisions. We have more than 30 years’ experience in providing pricing information, news, analysis and consulting to buyers, sellers and analysts.
With a global staff of more than 800, ICIS has employees based in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Montpellier, Dusseldorf, Karlsruhe, Milan, Mumbai, Singapore, Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Yantai, Tokyo and Perth. Some 350 of ICIS’s staff are journalists engaged in reporting market prices and news, and ICIS is fully committed to upholding the highest journalistic principles of verification, corroboration and authentication.
ICIS is a division of Reed Business and a member of RELX Group, the world's leading publisher and information provider.
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information provides information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI Benefits Package
• Highly Competitive basic salary
• 29 Days holiday (option to 32)
• Pension Scheme
• 2 Paid Charity Days
• Life Assurance (4 x salary)
• SAYE Scheme
• Season Ticket loan scheme
• Childcare Allowance