Newell Brands Account Manager - Sporting Goods in United States
Responsible for planning, managing and selling into select customers (Cabela’s, Sportsmans Warehouse, Camping World and other designated accounts). The Account Manager will have direct account management designated accounts. The Account Manager will be responsible for the full financial plan associated with their designated accounts. The Account Manager is responsible for the management and direct sales to the assigned Sporting Goods accounts.
· Manage and directly sell strategic accounts on a day-to-day basis as assigned.
· Work to achieve and surpass planned sales, margin and overall financial goals.
· Create and track to an Annual Business Plan
· Ensure effective use of customer support funds to drive sales.
· Manage account details including customer pricing records, advertising records, etc.
· Prepare and submit accurate weekly outlook & monthly sales forecasts and manage selling to ensure that the forecasted numbers are attained.
· Understand and communicate the strategic objectives of the Product/Marketing Group
through Sales within the assigned accounts. Ensure that each assigned account’s strategic objective is communicated with the Product/Marketing Group.
· Establish and maintain close, effective relationships with assigned accounts in order to communicate the advantages of Coleman product.
· Manage and update order status and back orders.
· Provide consistent and accurate feedback to Sales Management, Product Management and Marketing Management teams.
· Attend and actively participate in all pertinent trade shows that improve the visibility and exposure of Coleman products.
· Obtain maximum distribution of Coleman products throughout assigned accounts.
· Communicate understanding of Product Group strategic objectives throughout Sales.
· Represent Sales interests as they relate to the New Product Development process.
· Become a repository for competitive information for assigned customers.
· Be responsible for fact-based selling templates and presentations.
· Travel as necessary to accounts to lead the account management process.
· Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
· Bachelors Degree in Business or related field.
· Minimum of 3-7 years of business related experience (Sales and/or Account Mgt)
· Experience working in the outdoor sporting industry channel preferred; but not required.
· Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
· Excellent negotiating, forecasting, scheduling and mentoring skills.
· Excellent formal presentation skills before both small and large groups
· Strong communication skills; persuasive (written and verbal)
· Decisive; analytical – gather data, draw conclusions
· Results oriented
· Problem solving ability
· Ability to travel as needed, estimated at 30% – 50% of work schedule
· Ability to lift and move product samples as needed, up to 25 lbs
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Organization: Newell Brands - Outdoor & Recreation
Title: Account Manager - Sporting Goods
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 314992