Vanderbilt University Medical Center Budget/Accounting Analyst in Nashville, Tennessee
This position is part of the Institute for Medicine and Public Health administrative team, which provides support to multiple academic departments, centers and institutes. Our administrative team is part of an innovative plan to effectively provide outstanding support to our faculty and the institution. We have an opening for a dynamic Budget/Accounting Analyst with strong accounting expertise to provide support to multiple business units related to budget, finance, grants and payroll administration.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Responsible for researching, analyzing, preparing, and reconciling data for restricted and unrestricted budgets in compliance with sponsor, University, andfederal guidelines and deadlines
· Partners with department leadership to resolve budgetary issues
· Creates unique and often complex reports; makes projections and recommendations using historical data and applicable guidelines
· Serves as a resource on matters related to budgets and financial reports
· Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for various business units
· Serves as a resource for staff and faculty in facilitating various requisitions
· Responsible for entering encumbrances into tracking system and reconciling with actual expenditures
· Facilitates approvals for financial transactions
· Maintains files for requisitions, general ledger reports and other various financial and grant documentation
· Prepares journal entries for approval
· Prepares center request forms and other general ledger maintenance requirements
· Prepares various payroll forms for approval and helps maintain confidential documentation
· Assists in tracking department resources and facilities
· Supports department leadership with special projects as needed
· Other responsibilities as assigned
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 36 months of relevant experience.
Preferred experience and skills:
· Strong experience with accounting and financial responsibilities
· Knowledge of spreadsheets and database applications
· Familiarity with post and pre-award administration
· Professional work style with high level of problem solving skills
· Additionally, successful candidates will possess and demonstrate extraordinary attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously while remaining helpful and courteous, be extremely organized, efficient, team player and self-starter.
This is a full-time position.
Salary is dependent upon education and experience.
Background screens will be performed and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Crawling:Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Occasional: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85 decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and periodic audiometry.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
Occasional: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other contagious illnesses.
Occasional: Radiation: May be exposed to occupational radiation, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Radiation Safety Program which includes training, use of personal protective equipment with lead shielding, and personal dose monitoring.
Occasional: Climate: Ability to withstand exposure to atmospheric extremes including heat, cold, humidity, and barometric pressure changes.
Job Accounting and Finance
Organization: Pod 1 104121
Title: Budget/Accounting Analyst
Location: TN-Nashville-2525 West End Ave
Requisition ID: 1802999