Rutgers University Accounting Specialist in New Brunswick, New Jersey
Rutgers School of Management and Labor Relations (SMLR) is the leading source of expertise on the world of work, building effective and sustainable organizations, and the changing employment relationship. The school is comprised of two departments—one focused on all aspects of strategic human resource management and the other dedicated to the social science specialties related to labor studies and employment relations—with faculty from a wide variety of disciplinary backgrounds.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Accounting Specialist for the School of Management and Labor Relations. Reporting to the associate dean for finance and administration, the incumbent in this position is responsible for financial reporting, financial reconciliations, and financial analysis for the Talent Development Center.
Among the key duties of the position are the following:
- Supports the center in administration of approximately $3M in grants that include federal and state contracts as well as fee-for-service revenue generated from external clients.
- Assists in budget development and management.
- Serves as the main point of contact with the dean’s office business manager.
- Carries out daily financial transactions such as purchase orders and contract administration.
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and practices
- Two years of relevant experience in a financial/accounting function
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy
Recruitment/Posting Title: Accounting Specialist
Job Category: Staff & Executive - Finance/Accounting/Purchasing
Department: SMLR - Dean's Office
Position Status: Full Time
Daily Work Shift: Day
Annual Minimum Salary: 52557.000
Annual Mid Range Salary: 65441.500
Annual Maximum Salary: 78326.000
Standard Hours: 37.50
Union Description: URA-AFT Administrative
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment: Staff - 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility: ABP
Posting Number: 18ST1121
Posting Open Date: 04/17/2018
Regional Campus: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus: Livingston (RU-New Brunswick)