RailWorks Accounts Payable Clerk in Olympia, Washington
Accounts Payable Clerk
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20180416-52001-001
HOME COMPANY: Track Systems - West
COMPANY LOCATION: Track Systems - Chehalis, WA
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Olympia, WA
Assists and supports the Accounting Department by performing routine accounting, bookkeeping, accounts payable and clerical duties.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Enters AP information in a timely and accurate manner; ensures the integrity of vendor data
• Ensures all invoices received via mail and emails are sent to Shared Services in a timely manner. Works closely with Shared Services AP department via BottomLine Admin Reports.
• Collection and reconciling of Purchase cards from field and office staff.
• Manages on-line invoices payments via purchase card.
• P-card reconciliation end of the month
• Processes employee expense & mileage reimbursement reports (craft employees only)
• Codes and routes accounts payable invoices and enters backup documentation into JDE
• Balances and reconciles AP records; analyzes reports to identify errors and resolves and adjusts discrepancies.
• Researches and resolves routine AP questions and issues from managers, vendors, and other staff members
• Maintains a consistent information flow between Office Manager, Controller and Corporation.
• Completes purchasing receiving, writing equipment part/repair purchase orders and rental equipment purchase orders as needed.
• Assists with managing equipment work orders
• Verifies amounts and codes on various forms for accuracy
• Processes check requests ensures all appropriate approvals have been received prior to payment
• Codes and reconciles TravelAlliance bi-weekly invoice
• Assists with end of the month accounts payable accrual.
• Process and code intercompany invoices each month coordinating with project management and acquiring necessary approvals.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Assists as backup answering incoming calls and directs to appropriate parties.
• Complies with company policies relating to timeliness and accuracy of inputted payments.
• Sets up and maintains files
• Initiates SharePoint Vendor Set Up Requests
• Assists with the acquisition of new and/or replacement purchase cards when directed by Management. Work with Kim Alper in NY office.
• Performs other administrative and clerical duties as needed such as photocopying, assembling paperwork, scanning, and faxing
• High school diploma; Accounting Degree preferred
• A minimum of 4 year accounting experience required
• Ability to process 200 + invoices per week.
• Reasonable knowledge of state sales and use tax.
• Familiarity with general accounting and accounts payable procedures
• Strong analytical skills; detail-oriented
• Ability to perform with a high level of discretion and integrity
• Good organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• Good interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word and familiarity with accounting software
• Works in an office environment
• Frequently sits for long periods of time
• Frequently speaks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard
• May require occasional standing, walking, lifting, stooping, or bending
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned. Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)