SMG STAFF ACCOUNTANT in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Staff Accountant at the David. L. LawrenceConvention Center. The Staff Accountant performs the daily activities of the accounting function at the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Maintains event folders, i.e. execute license agreements and addenda's, insurance certificates, event labor time sheets, billing information
- Prepares invoices for clients/events
- Updates A/R Aging Report
- Responsible for collections on all A/R accounts
- Inputs cash, credit cards and check transactions into accounting software
- Prepares invoices for advance deposits related to executed lease agreements or estimated labor costs
- Maintains and reconciles advanced deposit ledger on lease agreements
- Reconciles A/R control accounts to detail aging
- Maintains and reconciles cash receipts for exhibitor services orders
- Inputs journal entries
- Performs any other functions assigned by the Accounting Manger or Director of Finance
- Maintains and audits box office ticket sales reports
B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
Some part-time or summer internship experience in a position with accounting responsibilities preferred or similar combination of education and experience
Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of financial and cost accounting
Excellent math skills and attention to details
Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required
Ability to interact with all levels of staff including management and clients
Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
Excellent computer skills and experience and workable knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software
Proficient in Microsoft Excel program
Specific physical demands for this job include close vision for review of accounting information on a PC monitor, as well as, hard copy output. In addition, regular use of hands for typing and coding general ledger information is required.
TO APPLY: Click on the link and attach a current resume.
Recruter, Nancy Mellinger, HR Manager
1000 Ft. Duquesne Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 412-325-6153.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled