Vectrus General Ledger Accountant in Reston, Virginia
Prepares financial entries and reports, ensuring that the financial position of assigned companies is accurately portrayed in the financial statements. May supervise or provide guidance to others. Provides support to the Finance Manager.
1. Develops and maintains a listing of standard journal entries.
2. Prepares standard, closing and adjusting entries to record all transactions affecting the financial position of the GL companies for which the accountant is responsible.
3. Prepares intercompany debit and credit advices as appropriate.
4. Special projects as assigned by the Finance Manager.
5. Assists in continuous improvement projects which may involve implementing a new policy, process or system.
6. Coordinates the financial closing process.
7. Analyzes the resultant trial balance and recommends additional adjusting entries prior to each financial close.
8. Ensures that the financial statements correctly reflect the activity within each of the GL companies.
9. Ensures all account reconciliations are completed timely. Analyzes account reconciliations to ensure that they adequately describe the content of accounts.
10. Oversees the close-out of accounts for completed projects.
11. Responsible for review of the Cost Ledger, billing preparation/ submission and Accrued Accounts reconciliation.
12. Reviews intercompany advices and reconciles all European advices to the intercompany accounts.
13. Post payroll related cost to the general ledger.
14. Prepare Payroll Fringe calculations and application
15. Monthly GL accounts reconciliation
16. Chief point-of-contact on general ledger-type audits.
17. Ensures compliance with statutory requirements, and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Education and Experience:
-B.A. degree in accounting or finance, or the equivalent education/experience.
-t least two years of experience in financial accounting
-Expert level Microsoft Excel skills
-Strong financial analysis experience preferred
-Experience working with JAMIS and Infinium considered a plus
-Previous experience working on US Government contracts considered a plus
Organization: Pending Contract
Title: General Ledger Accountant
Requisition ID: PEN001024
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.