State of Minnesota Payroll Accounting Specialist - Finance Specialist 1 in St. Paul, Minnesota
Statewide Payroll Services has an opening for an experienced payroll professional who will support payroll and accounting staff in state agencies. This positon serves as the state expert for labor distribution, expense transfers, cost projections, and business expense reimbursements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field;
- Candidates without a bachelor’s degree may substitute a payroll certification from the American Payroll Association (APA); or five (5) years professional level experience in a payroll process for a governmental entity;
- A minimum of three (3) years professional level experience with a large enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, such as PeopleSoft or SAP;
- The candidate’s payroll experience must be include a minimum of one (1) year experience with a large organization of 5,000 or more employees;
- Accounting knowledge in areas such as reconciliations, deductions and withholding;
- Proven analytical, problem-solving and research skills;
- Proven communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Experience and understanding the state’s HR/Payroll (SEMA4) and Accounting/Procurement (SWIFT) systems;
- Extensive knowledge of PeopleSoft software and table structure;
- Experience analyzing and redesigning complex business processes;
- Extensive experience in the use of PS Query and BI Publisher reporting tools;
- Experience with state government sufficient to have an understanding of the diverse payroll operations of state agencies;
- CPA certificate;
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
Minnesota Management and Budget will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and a criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Colleen Siegel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Job Title: Payroll Accounting Specialist - Finance Specialist 1
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 21081
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 03/13/2018
Closing Date: 04/02/2018
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota Management & Budget
Hiring Agency: Minnesota Management & Budget
Division/Unit: Statewide Payroll Services
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours: Day Shift
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $50,780 - $74,980 /annually
Classified Status: Classified
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
Job Class: Finance Specialist 1
Working Title: Payroll Accounting Specialist