Bureau Vertias North America AP Accounting Supervisor - Houston, TX in Texas
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Summary: Performs a variety of accounting functions with a focus on Vendor maintenance/ management including cost accounting and accounts payable maintenance, invoicing and account credits, journal entry. Uses office automated systems to input data, generate reports, conduct specialized research projects and respond to inquiries. Reconciles corporate credit card accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to.
· Supervises the tasks of staff members
· Drive process’ and process improvement
· Reviews Payment Terms
· Communicates any issues/ discrepancies regarding payment to vendors and coordinates resolution activities.
· Conducts training of Inspection staff, as needed, to ensure compliance with the proper completion of time sheets, and expense reports.
· Review and monitor weekly timesheets for accuracy and approvals.
· Review and provide month end indirect cost accruals.
· Maintains Vendor files to include all invoices paid and copies of any supporting documentation.
· Review processed Accounts Payable and check requests i.e. Rush payments and Travel advances
· Reconciles Corporate Credit Cards.
· Address questions from Vendors
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Associates or Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Accounting or Finance with 2 to 5 years of general accounting experience and a minimum of 2 years supervisor experience in a high-volume industrial service or manufacturing organization, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, highly demanding, and often ambiguous environment.
· Ability to obtain and analyze data, and utilize to develop and implement processes to drive efficiency.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Proven negotiation and client service skills, with the ability to make and drive quick, sound decisions.
· Strong planning and organizational skills.
· Strong math and analytical skills.
Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, document and database software (MS Office, Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat). Knowledge and use of ERP systems (Deltek, Oracle, etc.) desired.
An employee in this position typically works in an office environment with controlled climate. Outside office travel is limited.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work with computer systems for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, distance vision and close vision.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: