T. D. Williamson, Inc. Supervisor, General Accounting in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Contribute to the TDW finance team by overseeing Corporate accounting activities, the preparation, and review of financial plans, forecasts, and results of Corporate and Global Departments and participating in the establishment and monitoring of accounting policies and procedures.
• Supervises the accounting activities for all legal entities within the scope of TDW Corporate and Business Development;
• Ensures the timely completion and review of the monthly corporate accounting checklist and related account analyses;
• Responsible for the preparation and review of annual audit schedules for TDW Corporate entities;
• Continues to learn and maintain knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and related technical literature.
• Identifies and implements streamlined procedures in fixed assets, intercompany, sales tax, etc.
• Ensures the timely preparation, review and analysis of the monthly Corporate and Global Department financial statements;
• Supervises the preparation of the Corporate and Global Department short-term planning (STP) schedules, and assists Global Department Managers in analysis and review, as needed;
• Identifies and communicates opportunities for improvement in the operating and financial results;
• Participates in the establishment and maintenance of corporate accounting policies and procedures;
• Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures and local legal requirements;
• Participates in special projects, such as internal audits, as the need arises.
• Selects, evaluates, motivates and develops employees to ensure a qualified workforce necessary to meet company objectives, while complying with local employment guidelines;
• Provides fair and constructive feedback, assesses employee performance, training needs, areas for improvement and possibility of future growth within the organization, and ensures training and development needs are addressed;
• Develops and contributes to a positive team dynamic to ensure high performance; Contributes to the continuous improvement process within the team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in corporate accounting, financial reporting or management position,
• CPA license preferred,
• Prior supervisory responsibility strongly preferred
• Strong technical accounting skills and good understanding of budgeting and planning techniques,
• Ability to understand overall business operations and perform analytical reviews,
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work well within a team and with all levels of employees,
• Proficient in the use of accounting software packages and capable of performing advanced spreadsheet applications.
Posting Title: Supervisor, General Accounting
Position ID: Position-16628
External Company Name: T. D. Williamson, Inc.
External Company URL: http://www.tdwilliamson.com/en/